adbrite

Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Jackson fans' tribute at Apollo

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

“No one can compel me to enter politics”

special Correspondent

Rajinikanth warns fans against using his name for political purposes





CHENNAI: Actor Rajinikanth on Monday distanced himself from the attempts made by some of his fans to launch a political party and warned them against using his name and portraits for political purposes.

In a statement here, Mr. Rajinikanth directed the presidents of the fans clubs in districts to inform the headquarters about those who indulge in such activities. “I will remove them from the primary membership of the fan club. Legal action will be taken against those who continue with such activities,” he said.

“If possible, the friends in media should avoid using news and statements given by those who face disciplinary action,” he added.

His reaction came in the wake of reports that his fan club in Coimbatore had formed a political party. In a few other places, the fan clubs adopted a resolution requesting the actor to enter politics.

Mr. Rajinikanth said he fully understood the fans’ enthusiasm, which was fuelled by the entry of actors into politics in Tamil Nadu and the neighbouring State (Telugu actor Chiranjeevi in Andhra Pradesh).

“Every day there is a discussion among the fans who want me to enter politics. But I am fully involved in the making of the film ‘Enthiran.’ So, fans who are interested in politics can work with the political parties of their liking. But I will not allow the launching of a party in my name and the use of my portraits by my fans and others,” he said.

Mr. Rajinikanth also made it clear that no one could compel him to enter politics. “On the other hand, no one can prevent my entry if I decide to take the plunge. In such an eventuality, I will welcome my fans who want to join me,” he said.

No comments: